Haven’t we all tried to predict the Dolphins Roster over the offseason? We’ve had an almost 6-month gap without Dolphins football, and quite frankly I’m sure we’re all missing it, especially with what’s going on in the world right now. We had the playoffs, free agency, and the draft to tide us over, but no football content to digest in over a month.
In an ordinary offseason, we would have had offseason workouts begin in late April, and then rookie minicamp at the beginning of May. These previously key dates would have given us a little insight into what the 2020 Miami Dolphins Roster may look like.
I’m sure you all want to know who’s going to be suiting up for the Dolphins in September, but the truth is no-one knows, not even Brian Flores or Chris Grier.
Here we are sitting at the end of May, with nothing but information from Zoom press conferences to base our predictions for the 2020 Roster on, so let’s play a game.
How can I predict the Dolphins Roster with Aqua Thirteen?
Thanks to the handy website, Tiermaker, we’ve created our own 2020 Dolphins Roster Predictor for everyone to play along with and share with their friends.
You can play along here.
Not only that, but you can also share your Dolphins roster with us on social media using #ATFins53 on both Instagram and Twitter, we’ll be sure to share them on our feed.
In our 2020 Dolphins Roster Predictor, we have 6 tiers for you to rank the current 87 Dolphins players (as of May 27th.) The first being the untouchable tier.
The untouchable tier is fairly self-explanatory. You pick the fifteen players you are 100% sure will be a Fin come September. I would look towards our newly signed free agents and high draft picks.
Next up is the starter tier, which is home to the 15 players that just miss out on that list. That could be because they’re a high cap hit, injury-prone, or in contention for a trade, but are still worthy of a starting job. Think Xavien Howard and Albert Wilson.
Following the starter tier is the backup tier, which will be home to 10 backups you expect to be on the roster but have valuable downs of playtime, such as offensive and defensive lineman.
Thirteen more players will make up your next tier, which is all about the special teams unit. Alongside the kicker, punter, and long snapper will be the remaining ten players you expect to make the roster and contribute to special teams. DB’s, Linebackers, and Wideouts should fill up this tier.
Finally, there’s the practice squad candidate and cut tiers. These will feature the remaining 34 Dolphins. The ten most likely players you can see Flo and co retaining to develop will be in the former, whilst the other 24 players will make up the latter.
Below is a list of the Dolphins players to chose from
- Quarterbacks – Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tua Tagovailoa, Josh Rosen, Jake Rudock
- Running Backs – Jordan Howard, Matt Breida, Patrick Laird, Kalen Ballage, Myles Gaskin, Malcolm Perry
- Wide Receivers – DeVante Parker, Preston Williams, Allen Hurns, Jakeem Grant, Albert Wilson, Isaiah Ford, Mack Hollins, Gary Jennings, Ricardo Louis, Kirk Merritt, Matt Cole
- Fullbacks and Tight Ends – Chandler Cox, Mike Gesicki, Durham Smythe, Michael Roberts, Chris Myarick, Bryce Sterk
- Tackles – Austin Jackson, Robert Hunt, Julien Davenport, Jesse Davis, Adam Pankney, Jonathan Hubbard, Nick Kaltmayer
- Guards – Ereck Flowers, Michael Deiter, Shaq Calhoun, Solomon Kindley, Danny Isidora, Durval Queiroz Neto
- Centers – Ted Karras, Donnell Stanley, Keaton Sutherland
- D Tackles – Christian Wilkins, Davon Godchaux, Zach Sieler, Raekwon Davis, Benito Jones, Ray Lima
- D Ends – Shaq Lawson, Emmanuel Ogbah, Avery Moss, Curtis Weaver, Jason Strowbridge, Tyshun Render
- Linebackers – Jerome Baker, Raekwon McMillan, Kyle Van Noy, Vince Biegel, Sam Eguavoen, Elandon Roberts, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Andrew Van Ginkel, James Crawford, Trent Harris, Calvin Munson, Kylan Johnson
- Cornerbacks – Byron Jones, Xavien Howard, Nik Needham, Noah Igbinoghene, Ryan Lewis, Ken Webster, Cordrea Tankersley, Jamal Perry, Tae Hayes, Nate Brooks
- Safeties – Bobby McCain, Eric Rowe, Brandon Jones, Adrian Colbert, Clay Fejedelem, Steven Parker, Kavon Frazier
- Kicker – Jason Sanders
- Punter – Matt Haack
- Long Snapper – Blake Ferguson